5th class of Pedagogy :)

  Assalammualaikum and hai everyone! Welcome back to my blog! I'm really happy that you guys are still following up to my blog, well I hope that you guys will still support me! Thanks guys! 


Image result for thanks gif

  On Tuesday that day, our class are starting the topic of "Music". Why music? Because music can be counted as a learning tool to student, it can help them to learn in the class easily. Actually there are the benefits of learning  with music around student such as increased their coordination. Students who practice with musical instruments can improve their hand and eye coordination. For example, playing sports , children can develop motor skills when playing music. Next, student will be engaged in school easily. An enjoyable subject such as music can keep kids interested and engaged in school. Student musicians are likely to sty in school to achieve in other subjects. Lastly, music can help to builds imagination and intellectual curiosity. If we introduce music in early childhood we can help them to foster a positive attitude toward learning and curiosity. It can help the student to develop the whole brain and child's imagination. During the class, Dr have mention that we need to choose music that is instrumental kind but not the music that is hits nowadays because this can lead student to singing the song rather than learn in the class. 


Image result for music in classroom gif

  Our lecturer tell us that the content of the slide is very important in teaching student during classes. Because we need to catch their attention during classes and prevent them from getting bored in the class. In my experience, I've saw many subject's slide are more to words. It's just like a paragraph, wondering how the student learner that are kinesthetic type will learn in classroom. Even myself, I feel bored when the slides are just word. As an educator, we need to understand the learner condition, what are their needs. It's more focusing on student-centered. After the class, our lecturer have give us topic of the reflection on this week that is "Choose one set of PowerPoint from 'Internet', then 'fix' it!" And she mentioned also that if the slides doesn't need to be fix, state 4 reason why we should't fix it. I've found a slide that no need to be fix. It's on my below link over there. It's all about fruits and introduction about the fruits. Just press the "Fruits" word there. In here, I will state 4 reason why I think that this slide shouldn't be fixed. 



1. Lot's of pictures
    When it's given a picture in the slide we will easily understand what the slide is about, what are the slide try to tell and it can be easily ask without typing a longing word. Not just that, we can put a whole big information into a single picture and it will be more easy in the explanation. 




2. Colors are suitable
    When we look through the slide, we can see that the color of the slide are simple and not to colorful. Some of the slide I've seen before usually they put lot of image and adding the background image too. For me, that will make people even more confusing. From the slide that I've choose, I can see that it's just a simple color and it is easier for us to understand the slide too.


Image result for suitable colour gif

3. Words are simple
    I bet many of you guys notice that some of the slide no matter in class or at the webpage we can see that their sentence use are some kind of "powerful"? I admit that I'm not a good at English but sometimes when I see the slide there are many words that I've not idea what does it mean. I've understand that we need to learn that kind of word but at the same if can at the bottom side of slide please put some vocabulary. It's easier for people to understand the meaning of the word. Based on the slide that I've choose. You can see that the words or sentence that they're use are simple and easy to understand. So why don't use word that are easy to understand rather than using a "powerful" word?




4. Big is beautiful!
    Have you noticed that the image on the slide are big and clear? Yes! It is. When the picture are getting bigger and bolder. It can let the viewer view it as an advertisement. In that, I can easily catch audience attention and wow them! Isn't it true?

Image result for big picture gif

Well, I think that's for today... I'm really not feeling well for these 4 days.. Sorry if my blog are short or grammar wrong, I can't concentrate too much.. It's time for me to rest for awhile. Bye guys! 

Comments

  1. Wao Mimi!! you changed your blog design. this is cool. I am still so impressed with all the gif you inserted in all your blog post. I always wanted to learn how. Can you teach me plssssssssssssssssss. Tq :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yo Ling! Since there is the new blog design, why not I try to change it?
      All these gif was inspired by Jeremy! It looks awesome for blog and slides too actually!
      Well me and Jeremy will teach you! Don't worry, he'll be okay with it :D

      Delete
  2. Amazing slides about fruits and those pictures were real~ The properties of fruits slides, is there a better way to show/express the points? Because it looks like not all points are related in a slide, and I don't find any OBVIOUS Key points in the slide~ in my opinion haha~ Looking forward on da reply~ take care ya mimi~ :O #drinkmorewatersleepmore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment about the amazing fruits and picture :) About the express the point, I think that is already explain enough inside the slides, the rest can be given through verbal :)
      Just chill Jeremy all slides are related to the slide :)
      You just have to look back to the slides :)

      Delete
    2. ohh noted~ thanks for ur feedback

      Delete
  3. Mimi , your visuals are impressive and that GIF is so cool :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Good write up! Good justifications on why the slides is good! Clear and easily understandable. I guessed practice makes perfect as I see a big improvement in your blog post day by day! Do share some tips on how you improve so much my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen!
      Really thanks about the compliment! I'm happy that you can read it clear and easy understandable :)
      I guess day by day I've improve my writing :D Well I'll share only one tips that is I watch english cartoon and watch lot's of English's show such as NCIS, NCIS New Orleans, CSI, CSI Cyber, McGyver, Laws and Order and sooo on!

      Delete
  5. Hye Miati.. Thanks for sharing,, Of course in class, we can give at least 1 hour for attention. But after that, we can not focus what lecture teach in front. With many technique, we can focus. In one day, if we all become a teacher, we can use many technique to attract the student.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eyra! You are welcome! :) Happy that there is outsider commenting and agreeing with me :D

      Delete
  6. Hello there! Great job in today's blog. In my opinion, I think plain white background will do for power point slides. It is simple and easy to see front far. What do you think? Anyway, great job in the blog and keep it up my friend. Take care 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ash~ Thanks again for the compliment!
      You were saying that "plain white background will do for power point slides. It is simple and easy to see front far". I do agree with that too, but it depends on the color that you want to apply on the slides. But here's the thing "do you want to apply it in all of your slides without any colors? what your student will said?"
      Hope you understand my meaning :D

      Delete
  7. Hi Mimi! Today's post really makes me hungry just by looking at the fruits only, haha~ Just joking! Nice post and hope you can continue this momentum til last post, hahaha! Fighting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahaha hi there Fizy~
      I will Fizy, I will hahahaha
      KEEP FIGHTING~

      Delete
  8. Hello mimi. Just wanted to know your opinion. Don't you think too much of pictures in slides would be mess up ?

    Looking foward for your reply.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hai Vetha! Based on the question you asked earlier "Don't you think too much of pictures in slides would be mess up ?" In my opinion is no, if you know how to apply the pictures correctly trust me, it won't be mess up! :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

6th class of Pedagogy

My third class on Pedagogy :D