My mock teaching (My reflection)

Image result for assalamualaikum png

Assalammualaikum and welcome back!

  Remember when I said that I'll be in mock teaching in my pedagogy class? Well, I made it but sadly it's not on what I expected as much 😢 Based on my lesson during the mock teaching, I was expected that my lesson plan will be follow the time exactly but unfortunately I was wrong but it was faster than than my lesson plan. But is sokay, it was my first time doing lesson plan and first time mock teaching in classroom. I just take it as my lesson that next time I should improve my lesson plan and mock teaching in a classroom. 

Image result for teaching png

  If I was giving the second chance, i would like to redo my lesson plan again with my slides. Dr had mentioned that my slides have some mistake that is I keep repeating the explanation of punctuation. Inside the slides I've including the videos with the explanation and after the videos I'm giving the same explanation, so it will be totally be boring during the class. What should I do is actually I should post the videos and giving them lot's of activities that related to punctuation during classes after the videos. This will create the happiness and enjoyment between teacher and student and it will create a big bonding in the classroom. Next, my appendix to student. Due to what Dr. have tell me after my mock teaching, she tell me that my appendix is quite hard and my student level are form 1 beginner only. Actually I was thinking if I'm giving this kind of appendix then I can measure the ability of the student, it seems I was wrong... I should put a little bit easier for them because the class that I'm teaching is only beginner. Well, is sokay... Take it as a lesson 🐱

     
Image result for difficult homework png

  The thing that I like about the lesson is the part where student are divide their group together and answering my questions that I've asked in the slides. All of them are together competing to answer the right questions and from here we can see that their are bonding their relationship with others and this will guide them to build their communication skills in the future. Even that the amount of the student is less but it doesn't make them to stop from creating the fun environment inside the classroom. Is quite fun! I hope the student are fun too as well 😀

     

From my teaching principles, the way I teach and the way I'm giving the activities is using the behaviorist. In this model, I use it to work work from the simple task until the complex task. For example, I'm giving them the types of punctuation and continue with the activities to let them recall and lastly giving them some homework that is kind of complex to let them using the brainstorming to let them practice to learn from the easier to the harder level.

Image result for brain gif

  From this mock teaching, what I've learn is that I should do more on activities that based on the class topic. This can help them to improve more on the topic that we focus on that day and let they learn they way they like such as create an activities which can attract their attention as well. Next, the lesson that I learn is student don't like homework. I bet the rest are agree with me right? Actually giving homework to student is a good way but there is also a bad way until it will lead the student for not doing the homework that you give. There's some ways I can improve it such as giving the homework for them with a purpose. As a teacher, I believe that we shouldn't giving homework just to make sure that we give them homework to satisfied principle or other teachers that we are good in giving homework to others but we have to giving them for a purpose. For example, giving them homework because want to review on what they have learn or getting themselves ready for the next day class. This is to teach the student to work independent and encourage themselves in self-discipline. Not just that, when giving homework to them we should also giving them some praise or motivation. No matter our student is a kids or an university student, they would definitely loves praise. Well, who doesn't? Giving a praise such as "You've done a good job!" can bring the motivation to the students to finish up their homework. No matter how difficult the homework, they will try themselves to finish it.

Image result for class activities gif

Image result for student doing homework gif

  Well, I hope that my reflection can bring me a good change in the future. See on my next blog next! It's all about who mock teaching I feel the best :)

Image result for thank you gif

Comments

  1. Hi Mimi.. You have done a good Job and of course I knew that Punctuation is not a easy topic to be learned But somehow you managed to make all of us understand..Keep Up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Priscilla! Thanks for understanding me :D
      By the way your mock teaching is best too :D

      Delete
  2. Hello there!! Good try! Don't be sad and don't give up! It's just a beginning, as long there are improvements next time k? promise. :)
    Here a question for you, haha. What do you afraid the most during the class? In the aspect of your own self and for the studentssss. Looking forward for your answer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hye Ling, thanks yah for the motivation :)

      What I'm afraid of in the class is when I'm teaching is I scare that student won't listen to my teaching (who knows students are kind of naughty type?) This is always happen in a classroom even in university also. Next, I'm afraid of the things that I teach and student will be felt boring. Even that I myself feels that this won't be boring during teaching in class, but I don't know the view of students will be like how. Am I right?
      Next if I'm the student, things that I'm afraid of is teacher keep asking question. I know that asking question is okay to develop the brainstorming but somehow for my opinion, teacher can ask question but it's depends on student ability of answering. But if teacher wants students to brainstorming, maybe the questions can giving a little bit hard but not too hard? Not just that, I also afraid of "strict teacher". It's good for having a strict teacher but if the strict teacher that is not professional? In my opinion, if we have a strict teacher I suggest that teacher should be able know on how to balance between the strict and friendly. This could bring the fairness among the students in the classroom. :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Miati! I think you did a great job in your mock teaching. It is okay if you do mistakes because that is the time where you will get better. Hope you will succeed in life. Keep it up and take care my friend 😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi ash! Thanks for the compliment, your mock teaching is good also by the way :)

      Delete
  4. hye mimi! well said and good job! love to read your post but sad that i cudnt attend your class.

    i want to ask, i agree with you that giving homework can be positive and also negative if it is too much. but every teacher still need to give homework so that the students will do their revision n findings. how as a teacher u will ensure ur students do your given homework passionately?? (no cheat , no copy, and on time)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hai Azie! Thanks for the questions :)

      By getting student to do their homework without any cheat and no time is by create a homework that will attract their interest such as social work, outdoor activities and making sure that homework must be practice only. To have a motivation that will guide the students done their homework, students themselves must know their capable on doing it. It isn't fair to them to struggle through work they don't fully comprehend. Giving a homework is just like you giving them by practice and building their confidence.

      Delete
  5. Hi Mimi. Nice post about your mock teaching and sadly I couldn't join your class on that day, I'm like TT.

    Anyway, this is your first time doing the mock teaching right? It's okay and I know it's really hard when it comes to teaching. Don't be afraid of making mistakes because we're learning from it. Keep it up, Mimi. Fighting~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is sokay Fizy, I also didn't attend your class T_T

      Thanks for the understanding Fizy :) I'll do my best! Thank you!

      Delete
  6. Hi! Good reflection on your mock teaching.

    Is there anything you regret not doing for your mock teaching?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi

      Something that I regret for not doing my mock teaching? Yes there is, do more activities as I mentioned earlier :(

      Delete
  7. Hey mimi :)
    I like ur teaching . Its clear and can be understand also the way u divide the group. Well,it will be more interesting if u can play with student well because i see u always smile and it give a good vibe to us :*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alessandra :D

      Thanks for the compliment! That's the part I was doing mistake :(

      I should create the activities that can let me get along with student, I'll do it on next time okay? :D

      Delete
  8. Hello mimi😊 Don't worry my dear, its just a beginning. Chill pls. Take this as the lesson and try to give the best for the next time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hai Vetha! Thanks for the motivation! Don't worry, I'll try my best for the next mock teaching!

      Delete
  9. Hi Mimi~ Actually it is not wrong to end class early~ you can revise more during the free session or u can have a chit chat wif ur students~ Well done Mimi~ Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

6th class of Pedagogy

Our Best Teacher!!

My third class on Pedagogy :D